*The Runner has officially joined our RAGNAR Wasatch Back Relay team and we are all over-the-top excited to have her!
Not too long ago, I mentioned in a post, that I had plans to shake up the summer half marathon schedule. Part of that shake-up involved the AF Canyon Half Marathon. And since the bus loading and finish line is a mere 400 meters from my humble abode, I've started some plans for a slumber party. We're all going to sleep out on the tramp, just like we're twelve, then roll off the tramp at 4:30 to catch the buses. The date for this magnificent event is June the 25th.
Now why do you think that this promo code is fightcancer, and not runwithfatty, or even runstrong, or runrunrun, or rabidisrad ('cause Rabid is rad,) or whatever? It's because this AF Half Marathon is all about fighting cancer. And specifically, it helps local people afflicted with cancer. 100% of the race registration fee goes toward cancer patients in our community who cannot afford care. There's a limited amount of promo codes available, so hurry NOW and register. Like NOW. Don't think about it, just do it.
Running a half marathon or 5k down majestic American Fork Canyon, and raising money for local cancer patients should be reason enough to run this race, right? But wait! There's more! Oh how there is more! This race is muchy. This race has muchness. Let me tell you about its muchness, and the many reasons you should be part of this muchness.
1. 100% of the race registration fee goes toward cancer patients in our community who cannot afford care. I know I've already said this, but this is paramount and worth mentioning twice. How many races can donate 100% of the registrations fees?
2. Prize drawings at the finish, which include 15 free mammograms from the American Fork Hospital. I don't know about you, but the only thing that can make a gal smile about a mammogram is a free mammogram. However, the word "mammogram" by itself makes me smile every time. For some reason. Maybe because you feel like hollering "MAM! OH! GRAM!" when you get one. Or maybe because getting a mammogram is essential for catching the cancer early.
3. Technical shirt from Nike in both men and women sizes. Hello? It's about time. I've got gobs of mens t-shirts that I never wear. A woman has needs. And one of those needs is a woman's sized t-shirt.
4. Gu on the course. In two spots. Yum. (Incidentally, that's like worth four bucks right there. What with purchasing the Gu from a retailer, and driving to get the Gu, and the electricity to store the Gu – you realize that Gu requires electricity to keep the carbs charged, right? Just kidding. I'm totally messing with you.)
5. All finishers receive a fine finisher's medal. Oh, and lookey there! A sneak peak of that medal:
7. Fatty will be speaking at the starting line. This would be a special treat. For we'd all get to see if his spoken words are as put-together as his written words.8. Spouse and Yahoos might wake up to cheer for you at the finish. Might. Depends on if I call 'em at mile 8 to wake 'em up. And then if I have to wake them up for the cheering, then you'd need to be behind me. And since I'm running an ultra relay of around 30 miles the weekend before, it's looking like most of you will be in front of me. So perhaps I'll have one of my fast friends wake up Spouse and the Yahoos at mile 8. Sign up now and you can be that fast friend!