I have conquered The George!
This race was exceptionally memorable, for I have set various Personal Records (PRs).
1. The finishing time was 3:22:47 (The :47 was added so that Ryan could tell me it was more like 3:23). This was a PR for 3:22:47 - for I have never done that before.
2. I walked more in this marathon than any other. Began at mile 17 and continued. Incidentally, my slowest marathon (4:03) had less walking than this one.
3. I walked many of the downhill parts. This is a PR because I never walk down hill. It's bad form when you don't use gravity.
4. My back ached THE WHOLE DAMN time. But I still finished. Making this a PR for the most pain in any marathon.
5. This was a PR for best outfit. My top had not one, but TWO giant trout-sized pockets in the back. I could have carried a small child - but that would make the back ache more, so obviously I didn't carry a small child. It's a good thing too - OSHA would be all over me for that.
6. I nearly barfed at the finish. That's a PR. I always feel like I'm going to barf but never have I nearly barfed. This is a great PR because I can still work on it. I mean, won't it be great when I actually do barf? I have so much room for improvement.
7. The night before the race, we walked right into the restaurant and were seated immediately. Immediately! Have you been to St George during George weekend? A family of four can expect to wait up to 2 hours for a table. Again, this is a good one to improve on, for I can always set a PR for the longest time spent waiting for a table.
8. My feet finished unscathed. No blisters. No lost toenails. I always end up with at least a tiny blister or a new black toenail. PR!
9. The bed in this hotel is the worst bed I've [not] slept in. PR for worst bed on the planet. And isn't the timing on this one just picture pefect? Bad boy bed and bent back? Led to a PR for the worst night sleep before a marathon.
10. My cheering section had matching shirts. That's never happened. We can thank Megan for that. This was the best part of the race. PR! PR! PR! PR!