If you've been around a few years, you'd know that I do customer support for a software company that files tax returns. As in THE U.S. Tax Return. I enjoy it mostly. It's entertaining, I feel helpful and it gives me yet another excuse to yell at congress for bastardizing the rules for the IRS. (That's right folks, don't blame the IRS for your tax bill. Blame the powers at Capital Hill).
See that's the irony of it. We're the software company. When customers don't like what they see, they yell at me IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND EXCESSIVE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!! The truth is, they're mad at the IRS for doing what congress told them to. So many directions to point fingers - so little time.
This year we are Bi - Bi - Bi - Bi -ZEEEEEE! I don't currently have the time to keep notes on topics of interest. And I certainly don't have time to mold multiple topics together to make a cohesive post.
All you get today are Thots of Randomness.
- I live in the best neighborhood on the planet. Sure of it. Where else will you find a Vera (who gets you hooked on soy milk) and a Stu Pidasso and a Running Brother Bruce and his wife Morta and a Buddy The Elf (who always asks your favorite color when you phone)?
- I giggle whenever "Stimulus" and "Package" are used in the same sentence.
- It gives me the warmest of fuzzies when people acknowledge the Yahoo's birthdays. I must pass this on and do the same.
- Just passed the 3 month mark of the Consumer Cleanse. 9 to go!
- Haven't purchased music in over a month. Ouch. (Note that music is not part of the Consumer Cleanse).
- This Truth To Power post gave me a good wallop. Helped me realize that I need to put more energy into honest relationships (to which I have a stable handful) and less into those who won't let me have a bitchy day.
- Speaking of honest relationships, I have a hygienist friend/running buddy who promises to pluck my chin hairs if debilitation renders me unable to do so myself. AND she won't make fun of me for being hairy.
- Beethoven is my favorite composer for piano.
- I get the butterflies when I click the "Publish Post" button.
- This is my favorite shirt - this week.
- I find all discussions of weight horribly dull. Your own? Someone else's? Doesn't matter. DULL.
- I'm often smothered by the culture in my religion.
- Any object installed into the human body - for vanity - scares me. Unless it's an IUD. (Is it vain NOT to have more children than you can handle? "A Man's Got To Know His Limitations".)
- Spouse still looks at me with wanton eyes. Prolly 'cause I know stuff about taxes. And Clint Eastwood. And I have an IUD.
- Let me know if this blog turns into a primordial brag fest. I'd rather it smack me betwixt the eyes with honesty.