December 28, 2006
It has been brought to my attention that beauty pageants and politics are basically the same thing. Well… not really. But the real coincidence lies in the fact that politicians and beauty queens are the same. Here’s why:
- Looking good is the only thing required to win.
- Power and money are their main aspirations.
- They both require sponsorship in order to make money.
- In a sense they aren’t offering any good or service. “Just give me money for being ME!”
- When asked critical questions, their responses are flowered with large words and metaphors that don’t mean crap.
- Most of them have that dumb southern draaaawl.
- Their careers are not hindered by controversy - in fact their careers are strengthened by controversy.
- They both have mastered the art of telling you what they think you want to hear, not what they think. Do they think?
Anyway, I’m probably just jealous cause I don’t have big tits or interns of my own.